Thursday 15 November 2012

Challenge no.11 - Chevrons

Hello Everyone

We have a really great challenge this month, and it's all about Chevrons!!
I am hosting this challenge this month and would love for you to join us!
All I ask is that your chevrons be noticed at first glance.

Challenge # 11 - Chevrons - due November, 14

This month we have some very special and amazing Guest Designers and first up is the wonderfully talented Sam Wright (South Africa).



Hi everyone! I'm Samantha Wright, Sam to most of my friends. I live in Durban which is on the East coast of South Africa. I am a teacher and am currently teaching Grade One. I share my life with my family. I am a daughter, a sister and an aunt to the two most gorgeous children ( I'm very biased, I know!) Ruddick (he's 5) and Rikki (she will be turning 1 at the end of the month). They are the source of my scrapping inspiration :) I also have two precious fur babies (Jack Russells) Misty and Lady, they are my constant companions.
I love taking photos and so my camera is never far from reach... trying to capture life's moments that make up our memories.

How did  my scrapbook journey begin, you may wonder. Well, I've always loved stationery and crafts. I started off stamping and card-making, then I discovered Pergamano (parchment craft) and then one day, a friend introduced me to "scrapbooking" and invited me to a beginners class- well, I was hooked!! The only thing was, I didn't take instruction well, I wanted to experiment and place my photos,paper and embellishments as I wanted, so after the initial introduction, armed with a stash of paper, embellies and magazines for ideas,my journey into scrapping began! That was about 11/12 years ago....

My first big project was my sister's wedding album, I've come along way since then.I look at some layouts and think "Why did you do that?" but I wouldn't change a thing, because that is where I started!
 I can easily get lost in "my scrap world" as long as I'm armed with a mug of tea :)
I enjoy creating layouts, cards, altered projects and one of my favourites, mini albums! I am blessed to be a member of the Bo Bunny Design Team(since Sept 2010).

Before I go, I'd like to thank Evgenia and Denise for giving me this opportunity to be a Guest Designer here at Scrap Africa and to share my work with you. It is a privilege for which I am grateful and very blessed. Thank you!! :)

If you have time,  I'd love it if you would stop by my blog and say hi! www.samawright.blogspot.com


Here is Sam's chevron layout below. Isn't that Christmas tree just amazing?

The tree is made from chevrons as well!


Our other special, super talented and creative lady is the lovely Kelly Foster (USA)




Hello there! My name is Kelly Foster, and I am from the beautiful state of Minnesota (USA). I am mother to two beautiful little girls, Lilah and Paisley, and engaged to the most wonderful man on earth, Jeremy. My time is best spent taking care of my children and being creative as often as possible with scrap booking. I also enjoy baking, and sewing, too, when I have time!! I am head over heels with this amazing hobby, and am honored to be here today! My style is a little bit shabby chic, a little bit artsy grunge, depending on my mood...I try not to think too hard about what I'm doing, I just plain love to make beautiful things!!! 
Thanks for having me! 
You can see more work from me on my blog: http://scrappin-sisters.blogspot.com


Here is Kelly's take on the chevron challenge! It is so very beautiful!



Our other Guest Designer this month is Tilla

Tilla created 2 wonderful projects below. 




Our in-house team has also been hard at work creating, and here are their chevron projects!
















There are some super prizes up for grabs.

Our sponsor is the South African chipboard company celebr8
the lucky winner will get the prize worth 250 Rand (about 30USD)





Since I am hosting this challenge, I thought I would also offer a little challenge "sweetner" ;-)
So there is a second prize, also to the value of R250.


Both prizes will be drawn randomly.

You have until the 30th of November!




19 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwww stunning and gorgeous layouts ladies

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what an inspiring challenge and amazing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased to see my pages up here - thanks for the opportunity ! Guess I can't take part in this challenge, but love all the inspiration up here today :-) especially Ana's page - love the florals mixed in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, each so varied, and absolutely gorgeous! Looking forwards to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to have Sam, Tilla and Kelly with us!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee what they created and love love love what the DT created too!! GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome reveal ladies! I loved seeing everyone's take on this challenge! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! How wonderful layout! Rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for this fab opportunity!! I just love how very different everyone's take on the same challenge is!! Gorgeous work and so much talent

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fabulous inspiration. Love what the designers did and your guests did some amazing creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great challenge, and what with such awesome inspiration we are sure to have loads of entries for this one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!!! Those are some amazing projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great challenge!! I love ALL the DT projects . . . great work Ladies!! The Christmas tree made with the chevrons are AMAZING!! So very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Olá
    Adorei o desafio Chevron
    Ja estou participando
    Beijooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorei o desafio, vou tentar participar.
    Parabéns para as DTs e convidadas, fizeram páginas lindas e inspiradoras.
    bjs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love chevron, just the time to prepare my LO and I will take part to this party :)
    baci dall'Italia, thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowzer! that tree sure is spectacular! beautiful work Sam! Kells - awesome page as always, love it! Ladies of the DT - you totally ROCK!! What a fab reveal YAY! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eila....your support is so appreciated! ;-)

      Delete
  18. I was just too late with finishing my chevron page to include it in the link-up (finished at my monthly crop on Dec 1st), but wanted to share with you anyway - thanks for inspiring me to get some great use out of a neglected deep border punch!!!
    My page is here!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...