Monday 15 December 2014

Challenge no.41 - December Time

Hello Everyone

Wow....it's certainly Christmas Time here in Africa and many of us are on leave and are already enjoying time with family and friends! Tomorrow is also a Public Holiday and so roll on the festivities! ;-))

We hope you are also taking a little bot of leave and have a little time to play with our new and festive challenge.

For some it's Christmas Time/ December Holidays/ Hannukah in sunny Africa....for some it's a snowy winter in Europe...  Tell us what a traditional December is like for you, in your home town, city or country. So journalling is a must...even if just telling us the story on your blog!



You can create a layout or card or altered project to depict this theme.




Guest Designer Badge

We have an amazing Guest Designer for this challenge and I am sure you will all know this super lady! She was the editor of the Scrap 365 magazine, but is also a stylish and fabulous creator in her own right.... Ali Parris


Hello lovely scrappers,

my name is Ali Parris and I am over the moon to have been asked to guest design for the wonderful blog that is Scrap Africa :)
I have been scrapping for nearly six years now; ever since my grand-daughter made her way into the world! I now have a grandson too, so my scrapping time has doubled!! These days I predominantly scrap with pocket pages but since giving up the Ed role for Scrap365 I am starting to return to my first love of 12x12 white cardstock :)
When I was asked to create a layout of my typical Christmas there was so much I could have chosen as we have a ton of family traditions! However, for me, it all starts with the baking :) I love the smell of Christmas spices as the cake cooks in the oven, the pudding steams on the hob and the mincemeat is spooned into jars ready for mince pies...Happy Christmas x

Ali's Blog: http://aliparris65.blogspot.co.uk/
Ali's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ali.parris.7

Ali created this beautiful and stylish page.


Doesn't this page just smack of Christmas?! 


I love how Ali has created her title.  It's sew perfectly super!! ;-)


The design and layering are so gorgeous!


Ali's soft touches are part of her amazing styling!


When I look at the photo of these gingerbread goodies, I can smell the gingerbread and can taste them...

Thanks so much Ali for your beautiful, beautiful inspiration!

Please pop over to Ali's blog, you will certainly find more inspiration and eye-candy!
I am sure she would love the visit! ;-)


As always we have the Design Team to inspire you as well and they certainly have brought the goodies for this challenge.


The way we celebrate - Family
I used a Sketchabilities sketch nr: 128



December 21th is an especial day for us! Santoto! ( Saint Thomas) we go to Bilbao and we enjoyed the fair of typical Basque products! Is a great day!







Christmas for us is about the kids and family...



Christmas in our home = spending time with family!




(Christmas in Australia)





Christmas is a time for gifts! )))... so I made boxes for candy for children. And you can find a video in my blog how to made boxes like these...




Thanks so much to the Design Team for their beautiful projects and inspiration!

So how about you? What is December time like for you?
We would love to hear and see your projects...

We have some super goodies up for grabs...

Firstly, is the super voucher from PPBN Designs.




“Here at PPbN Designs, I design SVG cutting files and graphics that will fit any design or craft need you have. My designs are easy to cut, easy to piece together and will give your scrapbooks, cards, party supplies and crafts a homemade touch that everyone will love! All of my cuts come with high resolution graphics that are also perfect for digital scrapbooking too! Please visit us and take a look around our shop. If you are looking for something but can’t find it, no worries! Just send me an email and I’ll do my best to create it for you!”

One lucky person will win this $30.00 voucher from PPBN designs. So a very big thank you to PPBN designs.


Secondly, is a Christmas Stocking surprise from Santa to the value of R300! ;-))))



We really hope you will play along! Please upload your projects by 31 Dec...







1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...